Frumtök – the Icelandic Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry, was established 26 October 2005.
The Association’s purpose is to promote the interests of the research-based medicinal products industry in Iceland, f.ex. by:
- promotion of the importance of R&D regarding new drugs for society per se and the importance of competitive and fair market conditions,
- tackling the problems of the health service in a constructive way in close cooperation with government, institutions, NGOs and political parties.
- taking a leading role in researching and analysing the Icelandic health service to better understand the underlying problems of the service at large.
- close cooperation on the Nordic level, such as with LiF Denmark, and by cooperation with EFPIA.
- influencing the ever complex legal and regulatory framework which characterises the market. Developments in the market can make a great difference for the industry as a whole and therefore it is of great importance for the Association to promote and explain the interests of the market towards the two branches of government, the executive and the parliament.
- promoting production of educational and informational material on drugs and manufacturers as well as on diseases and preventive measures.
The Association’s office is managed by Mr. Jakob Falur Gardarsson
Frumtök - The Icelandic Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry
Tel: +354 588 8955
Mobile. +354 862 4272