Frumtök – the Icelandic Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry, was established 26 October 2005.
The Association’s purpose is to promote the interests of the research-based medicinal products industry in Iceland, f.ex. by:
- promotion of the importance of R&D regarding new drugs for society per se and the importance of competitive and fair market conditions,
- tackling the problems of the health service in a constructive way in close cooperation with government, institutions, NGOs and political parties.
- taking a leading role in researching and analysing the Icelandic health service to better understand the underlying problems of the service at large.
- close cooperation on the Nordic level, such as with LIF Denmark, and on the European level with EFPIA.
- influencing the ever complex legal and regulatory framework which characterises the market. Developments in the market can make a great difference for the industry as a whole and therefore it is of great importance for the Association to promote and explain the interests of the market towards the branches of government.
- promoting production of educational and informational material on drugs and manufacturers as well as on diseases and preventive measures.
The Association’s office is managed by Mr. Jakob Falur Gardarsson
Frumtök - The Icelandic Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry
Tel: +354 588 8955
Mobile. +354 862 4272